How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord…
I. AS SINNERS YOU ARE EXPOSED TO IMMENSE DANGER —
1. Ever augmenting.
3. For ever unavoidable after death.
II. TO DELIVER YOU FROM. THIS DANGER HEAVEN HAS INTRODUCED A GLORIOUS EXPEDIENT. "Great," because of —
1. The great facts it involves.
2. The immense influence it exerts upon the universe.
3. The infinite blessings it secures to those who will accept it.
III. THE NEGLECT OF THIS GLORIOUS EXPEDIENT BENDERS SALVATION IMPOSSIBLE.
1. Because it is the only expedient now on earth that can effect your deliverance.
2. Because it is the only expedient that will ever be presented to you by Heaven for the purpose.
Parallel VersesKJV: How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;