And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was on them all.
We shall now seek an illustration of the text, by inquiring wherein such eminent grace appeared in these primitive believers.
1. Great grace appeared in their earnest and united supplications.
2. If appeared in their steadfast adherence to the apostles' doctrine.
3. In a constant adherence to the worship and service of God.
4. In their great love to one another.
5. These primitive Christians were full of holy joy and peace in believing, and they triumphed in every place.
6. Their spirit and deportment were such as recommended their religion to the word (Acts 2:47).They abounded in those Christian graces which are lovely even in the eyes of men in general.
Parallel VersesKJV: And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.