Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled…
I. IT IS POSSIBLE TO KEEP COMPANY WITH JESUS.
1. In His Word.
2. In the sanctuary.
3. In the closet.
4. At His table.
5. In every path of service.
II. KEEPING COMPANY WITH JESUS WILL RESULT IN SOME ASSIMILATION OF CHARACTER.
1. In proportion to the degree of intimacy.
2. The constancy of the intercourse.
3. The regard we have for our Companion.
III. THE RESEMBLANCE TO CHRIST, in habit and character, WILL BE MANIFEST TO THE WORLD. The disciple rosy be unconscious of it, but.
1. God will see and reward it.
2. Angels will note it and rejoice.
3. Brethren will discern it and be encouraged or rebuked.
4. The ungodly will be forced to confess it, to the honour of religion.
Parallel VersesKJV: Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.