Yes, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.
I. Men do it in their INTELLECTUAL THEORIES. In their theories they limit Him —
1. In the sphere of His agency.
2. In the range of His mercy.
3. In the sovereignty of His action.
II. Men do it in their RELIGIOUS FORMALITIES.
1. In their prostration before material representations of Him.
2. In stereotyped forms of worship of Him.
3. In specially identifying Him with certain places of worship.
III. Men do it in their MORAL HABITUDES.
1. By their sins they exclude Him from the temple of their nature.
2. By their sins they obstruct His influence upon their sphere.
Parallel VersesKJV: Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.