Essex Congregational Remembrancer
Who has believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?…
Every minister of Jesus Christ, imbued with the spirit of his office, is anxious —
(1) To make a faithful report;
(2) Then, in many living witnesses, to behold the illustration of an apostle's assertion, "Faith cometh by hearing, etc.
I. THE REPORT WHICH THE MINISTERS OF THE GOSPEL MAKE. The "report" of Isaiah is the "saying" of Paul (1 Timothy 1:15).
1. It demands and deserves your attention, for we bring it from heaven.
2. It is a report of universal interest, for it is to be made to all the world.
3. Our report is of the very highest importance, for it refers to the state of the soul.
4. It is a report of the strictest veracity, being confirmed by many credible witnesses.
II. The ANXIETY WHICH THE MINISTERS OF THE GOSPEL FEEL.
1. This report is very generally neglected.
2. This neglect is the result of unbelief.
3. This neglect is, to those who make it, a subject of devout solicitude and of deep regret.
4. When this report is believed, it operates with Divine efficiency. What think you of our report?
(Essex Congregational Remembrancer.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?