Studies For The Pulpit
1 Peter 1:17-21
And if you call on the Father, who without respect of persons judges according to every man's work…
I. IT IS PRECIOUS, BECAUSE THE BLOOD OF GOD'S ANOINTED.
II. IT IS PRECIOUS, FOR IT SATISFIED THE JUSTICE OF GOD WHEN NOTHING ELSE COULD.
III. IT IS PRECIOUS, FOR IT IS PLEADED BEFORE GOD FOR THE PARDON AND THE SANCTIFICATION OF SOULS.
IV. IT IS PRECIOUS, AS APPLIED TO THE CONSCIENCE BY THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR JUSTIFICATION.
V. IT IS PRECIOUS BLOOD, AS APPLIED TO THE SOUL FOR SANCTIFICATION.
VI. IT IS PRECIOUS, BECAUSE BY IT WE OVERCOME SIN AND HELL. VII. IT IS PRECIOUS BLOOD, BECAUSE IT WILL BE THE BELIEVER'S THEME IN HEAVEN. Application:
1. Which is most precious to you, gold and silver, and the precious things of this world, or the precious blood of Christ?
2. Have you ever felt the preciousness of this blood?
3. Remember, there is no advantage to be gained from this precious blood without an application of it to your soul.
4. Remember, that its value and virtue is just what it always was.
5. Be sure never to trample this precious blood under your feet, for its consequences will be most tremendous (Hebrews 10:29, 30).
(Studies For The Pulpit.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: