Then Jesus went there, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.…
I. THE EXTRAORDINARY CHARACTER OF HER FAITH.
1. It was based on the most limited knowledge.
2. It conquered natural prejudice in herself, and the fear of its influence in others.
II. WHY CHRIST SO SEVERELY TESTED IT.
1. His first object was to expose and rebuke the intense bigotry of the Jews around Him.
2. He wished to draw out and exhibit the full strength of her faith.Lessons:
1. Christ's mercy and mission extend to all, however vile and outcast they may be.
2. The true way to derive good from Him is by faith, rather than by knowledge or acts of worship.
3. An encouragement to the utmost tenacity and desperation of faith.
4. An illustration of the way in which appearances may deceive us. God may seem to repulse us, but never does so actually.
Parallel VersesKJV: Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.