And God said to Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel, and dwell there: and make there an altar to God…
I. THE VOW MADE.
II. THE VOW FORGOTTEN. A common occurrence.
III. THE VOW CALLED TO REMEMBRANCE.
1. The Lord is never at a loss for means in order that His ends may be gained.
2. Mark the way in which He acts here.
(1) First a gentle hint — "Arise, go to Bethel."
(2) Then the command, "and make there an altar."
3. Has not the Lord brought your vows to your remembrance?
IV. THE VOW PAID.
Parallel VersesKJV: And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel, and dwell there: and make there an altar unto God, that appeared unto thee when thou fleddest from the face of Esau thy brother.