For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,…
The present state is not permanent, neither do its circumstances render it desirable that it should be so. Its perishing hopes, groundless fears, profitless pursuits, faithless friendships, its toils, stripes, afflictions, make it far from happy. The Christian, then, looks for something better. The future state —
1. Is necessary to solve the mysteries of Providence.
2. Is requisite to complete human happiness.
3. Is the end of the Christian faith.
4. Is the declared purpose of God.
5. Is advisable as a development.
Parallel VersesKJV: For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,