And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying…
I. THE PROBABLE CONDITION OF THE WORLD IN THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THIS PREDICTION. It will be characterised by —
1. The universal dissemination of Christian knowledge.
2. The general prevalence of religious life.
3. The increase and glory of the Christian Church.
4. The diffusion of happiness throughout the world. Christianity is the parent of morality, industry, patriotism, public spirit.
II. THE PROBABLE MEANS BY WHICH THIS GREAT EVENT WILL BE PRODUCED.
1. The preaching of the gospel.
2. The active zeal of Christians.
3. The operations of Divine providence.
4. The effusion of the Holy Spirit.
III. THE DUTIES WHICH ARISE IN ANTICIPATING THIS GREAT CONSUMMATION.
1. To seek the possession of personal religion.
2. To render all assistance to accelerate the advent of this glorious period.
3. To unite in prayer for the accomplishment of this prediction.
Parallel VersesKJV: And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.