For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
I. THE VESTURE is —
1. Most beautiful.
2. Most costly.
3. Most rare.
(1) In its purity.
(2) In its capacity.
(3) In its importance.
4. Most durable.
II. THE INVESTITURE is —
(1) from the character of the vesture Christ's an universal character — "the Man";
(2) from the nature of the investiture: the assimilation of Christ's character.
(1) for protection,
(2) for adornment.
3. Accomplished by
III. THE INVESTED will have —
1. Comfort in trial.
2. Invincibility in temptation.
3. Confidence in the hour of death and day of judgment.
4. Completeness of joy in this life and in that which is to come.
Parallel VersesKJV: For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.