And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables, and said,…
I. A MONARCH'S CELEBRATION OF AN INTERESTING EVENT.
1. The king here referred to is evidently the Most High. The human kingship is really but a lower form of the heavenly.
2. The king had a son who had taken to himself a bride.
3. On the occasion of his marriage a splendid banquet was provided. Royal feasts are sumptuous and abundant.
II. THE MUNIFICENCE DESPISED BY HIS UNGRATEFUL SUBJECTS.
1. The invitation he sent, and the way in which it was responded to.
2. The causes of their rejecting so kind an offer.
(1) Indisposition. "They would not come."
(2) Love of the world. "One to his farm," etc.
(3) Open malignity.
3. The consequences that ensued.
III. THE ROYAL BOUNTY AT LENGTH APPRECIATED.
1. The messengers were entrusted with a fresh commission to a totally different class.
2. The response which their message received.
IV. THE ASSEMBLED COMPANY INSPECTED, AND THE CONSEQUENCES THAT ENSUED.
1. The spectacle which was beheld: "He saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment."
2. The question proposed.
3. The doom pronounced.
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,