For as much then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same…
I. THE HUMANITY OF CHRIST WAS SELF-ASSUMED.
1. His antecedent existence.
2. His power over existence.
3. His interest in human existence.
II. IT WAS SELF-ASSUMED IN ORDER TO DIE.
1. This fact is as wonderful as the former.
2. This fact can only be justified by the former.
III. HE DIED IN ORDER TO DESTROY THE TERROR OF DEATH IN HUMANITY.
1. The terror of death is an idea.
2. Christ's death is suited to remove all painful ideas.
(1) It shows that death is not the end of existence.
(2) It shows that death might become the greatest blessing of existence.
Parallel VersesKJV: Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
WEB: Since then the children have shared in flesh and blood, he also himself in the same way partook of the same, that through death he might bring to nothing him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,