And God spoke all these words, saying,…
I. THE SPEAKER AND GIVER OF THESE COMMANDMENTS.
1. It is the Lord, particularly Jesus Christ, who gave this Law in the name of the Trinity. This is plain from the Scripture (Acts 7:38; Hebrews 12:24-26).
2. The speech itself, wherein we have a description of the true God, bearing three reasons for the keeping His commands.
(1) From His sovereignty; He is the Lord.
(2) From His covenant-relation to His people — thy God.
(3) From the great benefit of redemption, and deliverance wrought for them.
Parallel VersesKJV: And God spake all these words, saying,