S. S. Times
And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and having stoned Paul…
1. Stones are the answer of those who have no arguments.
2. Those who have no arguments are wont to try to inflame the passions of the people.
3. When God has a great work for a man to do, his enemies cannot take his life.
4. When a true servant of God is made to suffer in one city, he will not cease to work, but will go on to the next.
5. When a true servant of God is made to suffer, he will intermit his work as little as possible. "On the morrow," if he can, he will take it up again.
(S. S. Times.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead.