The Metropolitan Pulpit
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,…
I. THAT CHRIST IS GOD.
1. The Lordship of Christ.
2. The Creatorship of Christ.
3. The Governorship of Christ.
II. THAT GOD IS MADE KNOWN IN CHRIST.
1. God is unknown out of Christ.
2. God is revealed in Christ.
(1) We can only know God in Christ.
(2) In Christ we know God as He is. Not indeed fully, but really, truly, blessedly.
III. THAT GOD IS MADE KNOWN IN CHRIST AS THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD.
(The Metropolitan Pulpit.)
Parallel VersesKJV: God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,