And he left them, and went out of the city into Bethany; and he lodged there.
I. THE OCCURRENCE WHICH THE EVANGELIST DESCRIBES.
1. The Saviour's hunger.
2. The disappointment He met with.
3. The doom He pronounced.
II. THE COMMENT MADE UPON IT BY THE DISCIPLES. "How soon is the fig-tree withered away," etc.
1. When this exclamation was uttered.
2. The feeling with which it was uttered.
III. THE REPLY WHICH THIS REMARK CALLED FORTH FROM OUR LORD.
1. A wonderful assertion. "If ye have faith," etc.
2. An encouraging promise. "And all things whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer," etc.
Parallel VersesKJV: And he left them, and went out of the city into Bethany; and he lodged there.