Then Saul gave up his pursuit of the Philistines, and the Philistines returned to their own land.
Cross References1 Samuel 14:45
But the people said to Saul, "Must Jonathan die--he who accomplished such a great deliverance for Israel? Never! As surely as the LORD lives, not a hair of his head will fall to the ground, for with God's help he has accomplished this today." So the people rescued Jonathan, and he did not die.
1 Samuel 14:47
After Saul had assumed the kingship over Israel, he fought against all his enemies on every side--the Moabites, the Ammonites, the Edomites, the kings of Zobah, and the Philistines. Wherever he turned, he routed them.
Chapter Outline1. Jonathan goes and miraculously smites the Philistine's garrison
15. A divine terror makes them beat themselves
17. Saul, not staying the priest's answer, sets on them
21. The captivated Hebrews, and the hidden Israelites, join against them.
24. Saul's unadvised adjuration hinders the victory
31. He restrains the people from eating blood
35. He builds an altar
37. Jonathan, taken by lot, is save by the people
47. Saul's victories, strength, and family
Jump to PreviousLonger Philistines Pursuing Saul Stopped Turning Withdrew
Jump to NextLonger Philistines Pursuing Saul Stopped Turning Withdrew
Treasury of Scripture KnowledgeThen Saul gave up his pursuit of the Philistines, and the Philistines returned to their own land.
Links1 Samuel 14:46 NIV
1 Samuel 14:46 NLT
1 Samuel 14:46 ESV
1 Samuel 14:46 NASB
1 Samuel 14:46 KJV
1 Samuel 14:46 Bible Apps
1 Samuel 14:46 Parallel
1 Samuel 14:46 Biblia Paralela
1 Samuel 14:46 Chinese Bible
1 Samuel 14:46 French Bible
1 Samuel 14:46 German Bible
1 Samuel 14:46 Commentaries