And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there.
Cross ReferencesActs 17:16
While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was deeply disturbed in his spirit to see that the city was full of idols.
After these things had happened, Paul purposed in spirit to go to Jerusalem after he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia. "After I have been there," he said, "I must see Rome as well."
Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus to avoid spending time in the province of Asia, because he was in a hurry to reach Jerusalem, if possible, by the day of Pentecost.
Chapter Outline1. Paul goes to Macedonia, and thence to Troas.
7. He celebrates the Lord's supper, and preaches.
9. Eutychus having fallen down dead is raised to life.
13. Paul continues his travels;
17. and at Miletum he calls the elders together, tells them what shall befall to himself,
28. commits God's flock to them,
29. warns them of false teachers,
32. commends them to God,
36. prays with them, and departs.
Jump to PreviousBefall Bound Compelled Duty Impelled Jerusalem Prisoner Sense Spirit Way
Jump to NextBefall Bound Compelled Duty Impelled Jerusalem Prisoner Sense Spirit Way
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
2 Corinthians 5:14
2 Peter 1:14
LinksActs 20:22 NIV
Acts 20:22 NLT
Acts 20:22 ESV
Acts 20:22 NASB
Acts 20:22 KJV
Acts 20:22 Bible Apps
Acts 20:22 Parallel
Acts 20:22 Biblia Paralela
Acts 20:22 Chinese Bible
Acts 20:22 French Bible
Acts 20:22 German Bible
Acts 20:22 Commentaries