Now Jacob lived in the land where his father had resided, the land of Canaan.
Cross ReferencesGenesis 17:8
And to you and your descendants I will give the land of your sojourn--all the land of Canaan--as an eternal possession; and I will be their God."
And may He give the blessing of Abraham to you and your descendants, so that you may possess the land where you dwell as a foreigner, the land God gave to Abraham."
Magdiel, and Iram. These were the chiefs of Edom, according to their settlements in the land they possessed. Esau was the father of the Edomites.
Chapter Outline1. Joseph is loved by Jacob, but hated by his brothers.
5. His dreams and the interpretation.
12. Jacob sends him to his brothers, who counsel to slay him.
21. At Reuben's desire they cast him into a pit;
25. and afterwards sell him to the Ishmaelites;
29. while Ruben grieves at not finding him.
31. His coat, covered with blood, is sent to Jacob, who mourns him inordinately.
36. Joseph is brought to Egypt and sold to Potiphar.
Jump to PreviousCanaan Dwelleth Dwelt Father's Jacob Sojourned Sojournings Stranger Travels Wherein
Jump to NextCanaan Dwelleth Dwelt Father's Jacob Sojourned Sojournings Stranger Travels Wherein
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LinksGenesis 37:1 NIV
Genesis 37:1 NLT
Genesis 37:1 ESV
Genesis 37:1 NASB
Genesis 37:1 KJV
Genesis 37:1 Bible Apps
Genesis 37:1 Parallel
Genesis 37:1 Biblia Paralela
Genesis 37:1 Chinese Bible
Genesis 37:1 French Bible
Genesis 37:1 German Bible
Genesis 37:1 Commentaries