as well as the posts of the surrounding courtyard with their bases, tent pegs, and ropes.
Cross ReferencesNumbers 3:36
The duties assigned to the sons of Merari were the tabernacle's frames, crossbars, posts, bases, all its equipment, and all the service of these items,
Moses, Aaron, and Aaron's sons were to camp to the east of the tabernacle, toward the sunrise, before the Tent of Meeting. They were to perform the duties of the sanctuary as a service on behalf of the Israelites; but any outsider who approached the sanctuary was to be put to death.
Chapter Outline1. The sons of Aaron
5. The Levites are given to the priests instead of the firstborn
14. Are numbered by their families
21. The families, number, and charge of the Gershonites
27. Of the Kohathites
33. Of the Merarites
38. The place and charge of Moses and Aaron
40. The firstborn are freed by the Levites
44. The balances are refunded
Jump to PreviousBases Cords Court Courtyard Nails Open Pegs Pins Posts Ropes Round Sockets Space Surrounding Tent
Jump to NextBases Cords Court Courtyard Nails Open Pegs Pins Posts Ropes Round Sockets Space Surrounding Tent