New International Version
"In their presence I gave Baruch these instructions:
King James Bible
And I charged Baruch before them, saying,
Darby Bible Translation
And I charged Baruch in their presence, saying,
World English Bible
I commanded Baruch before them, saying,
Young's Literal Translation
And I charge Baruch before their eyes, saying,
Jeremiah 32:13 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
I subscribed the evidence - We have here all the circumstances of this legal act:
1. An offer is made of the reversion of the ground, till the jubilee, to him who would then of right come into possession.
2. The price is agreed on, and the silver weighed in the balances.
3. A contract or deed of sale is drawn up, to which both parties agreeing,
4. Witnesses are brought forward to see it signed and sealed; for the contract was both subscribed and sealed.
5. A duplicate of the deed was drawn, which was not to be sealed, but to lie open for the inspection of those concerned in some public place where it might be safe and always to be seen.
6. The original, which was sealed up, was put in an earthen pitcher in order to be preserved from accidents.
7. This was delivered by the purchaser into the hands of a third party, to be preserved for the use of the purchaser, and witnesses were called to attest this delivery.
8. They subscribed the book of the purchase, perhaps a town book, or register, where such purchases were entered. Baruch was a scribe by profession; and the deeds were delivered into his hands, before witnesses, to be preserved as above.
Perhaps the law, in this case, required that the instrument should be thus lodged. But, in the present case, both the deeds, the original and the duplicate, were put into the earthen pitcher because the city was about to be burnt; and if lodged as usual, they would be destroyed in the general conflagration. See Jeremiah 32:14.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LibraryOctober 27. "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all Flesh; is There Anything Too Hard for Me?" (Jer. xxxii. 27. )
"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for Me?" (Jer. xxxii. 27.) Cyrus, the King, was compelled to fulfil the vision of Jeremiah, by making a decree, the instant the prophecy had foretold, declaring that Jehovah had bidden him rebuild Jerusalem and invite her captives to return to their native home. So Jeremiah's faith was vindicated and Jehovah's prophecy gloriously fulfilled, as faith ever will be honored. Oh, for the faith, that in the dark present and the darker …
Rev. A. B. Simpson—Days of Heaven Upon Earth
Why all Things Work for Good
and I gave this deed to Baruch son of Neriah, the son of Mahseiah, in the presence of my cousin Hanamel and of the witnesses who had signed the deed and of all the Jews sitting in the courtyard of the guard.
This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Take these documents, both the sealed and unsealed copies of the deed of purchase, and put them in a clay jar so they will last a long time.
Jump to PreviousBaruch Charge Charged Commanded Eyes Front Instructions Orders Presence
Jump to NextBaruch Charge Charged Commanded Eyes Front Instructions Orders Presence
LinksJeremiah 32:13 NIV
Jeremiah 32:13 NLT
Jeremiah 32:13 ESV
Jeremiah 32:13 NASB
Jeremiah 32:13 KJV
Jeremiah 32:13 Bible Apps
Jeremiah 32:13 Biblia Paralela
Jeremiah 32:13 Chinese Bible
Jeremiah 32:13 French Bible
Jeremiah 32:13 German Bible
Jeremiah 32:13 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.