New International Version
in holiness and righteousness before him all our days.
King James Bible
In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
Darby Bible Translation
in piety and righteousness before him all our days.
World English Bible
In holiness and righteousness before him all the days of our life.
Young's Literal Translation
To serve Him, in holiness and righteousness Before Him, all the days of our life.
Luke 1:75 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
Being delivered, etc. - The salvation brought by Jesus Christ, consists in the following things: -
1. We are to be delivered out of the hand of our enemies, and from all that hate us; so that sin shall neither have dominion over us, nor existence in us.
2. We are to worship God, λατρευειν, to render him that service and adoration which the letter and spirit of his religion require.
3. Ye are to live in holiness, a strict inward conformity to the mind of Christ - and righteousness, a full outward conformity to the precepts of the Gospel.
4. This is to be done before God, under the continual influence and support of his grace, and with a constant evidence of his presence and approbation.
5. This state is a state of true happiness - it is without fear. Sin is all cast out, holiness is brought in; God's power upholds, and his approbation cheers and comforts, the believing heart. Thus misery is precluded, and happiness established.
6. This blessedness is to continue as long as we exist - all the days of our life, in all ages, in all situations, and in all circumstances. What a pity to have lived so long without God in the world, when so much happiness and glory are to be enjoyed in union with him!
Της ζωης, in the last clause, is omitted by many MSS., versions, and fathers. Griesbach has left it out of the text: however, it is but of small importance whether we read all our days, or, all the days of our life.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LibraryJuly 19 Morning
He that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.--LUKE 1:49. Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?--Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.--Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy.--Hallowed be thy name. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people. Who is this …
Anonymous—Daily Light on the Daily Path
March 24 Morning
Jesus Born the Son of God.
The Key-Note of a Choice Sonnet
the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.
This is what the LORD Almighty says: "The fasts of the fourth, fifth, seventh and tenth months will become joyful and glad occasions and happy festivals for Judah. Therefore love truth and peace."
to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear
and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Jump to PreviousHoliness Holy Life Piety Righteousness Serve Uprightness
Jump to NextHoliness Holy Life Piety Righteousness Serve Uprightness
LinksLuke 1:75 NIV
Luke 1:75 NLT
Luke 1:75 ESV
Luke 1:75 NASB
Luke 1:75 KJV
Luke 1:75 Bible Apps
Luke 1:75 Biblia Paralela
Luke 1:75 Chinese Bible
Luke 1:75 French Bible
Luke 1:75 German Bible
Luke 1:75 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.