New International Version
Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cleansed.
King James Bible
And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.
Darby Bible Translation
And as he spoke straightway the leprosy left him, and he was cleansed.
World English Bible
When he had said this, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was made clean.
Young's Literal Translation
and he having spoken, immediately the leprosy went away from him, and he was cleansed.
Mark 1:42 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
There came a leper - See the notes on Matthew 8:2, etc.
Should any be inclined to preach on this cleansing of the leper, Mark is the best evangelist to take the account from, because he is more circumstantial than either Matthew or Luke.
I. Consider this leper.
1. He heard of Jesus and his miracles.
2. He came to him for a cure, conscious of his disease.
3. He earnestly besought him to grant the mercy he needed.
4. He fell down on his knees, (with his face to the earth, Luke 5:12), thus showing his humbled state, and the distress of his soul.
5. He appealed to his love - if thou wilt; with a full conviction of his ability - thou canst; in order to get healed.
II. Consider Jesus.
1. He is moved with tender compassion towards him: this is the alone source of all human salvation.
2. He stretches forth his hand, showing thus his readiness to relieve him.
3. He touches him; though this was prohibited by the law, and rendered him who did it in any common case legally unclean.
4. He proves at once his infinite love and unlimited power, by his word and by his act; I will - be thou cleansed; and immediately his leprosy was removed. But see on Matthew 8:2 (note).
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LibraryWhat 'the Gospel' Is
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ.--Mark i. 1 My purpose now is to point out some of the various connections in which the New Testament uses that familiar phrase, 'the gospel,' and briefly to gather some of the important thoughts which these suggest. Possibly the process may help to restore freshness to a word so well worn that it slips over our tongues almost unnoticed and excites little thought. The history of the word in the New Testament books is worth notice. It seldom occurs in those …
Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture
Mighty in Word and Deed
Answer to Mr. W's First Objection.
The Fellowship of Prayer
Jesus was indignant. He reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!"
Jesus sent him away at once with a strong warning:
Jump to PreviousClean Cleansed Cured Departed Disease Immediately Leprosy Once Soon Straight Straightway
Jump to NextClean Cleansed Cured Departed Disease Immediately Leprosy Once Soon Straight Straightway
LinksMark 1:42 NIV
Mark 1:42 NLT
Mark 1:42 ESV
Mark 1:42 NASB
Mark 1:42 KJV
Mark 1:42 Bible Apps
Mark 1:42 Biblia Paralela
Mark 1:42 Chinese Bible
Mark 1:42 French Bible
Mark 1:42 German Bible
Mark 1:42 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.