And Pharaoh called to Moses, and said, Go you, serve the LORD; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed…
I. SOME THINGS ARE UNCERTAIN IN THE FUTURE.
1. The continuance of our life on earth.
2. The new circumstances in which we shall be placed.
3. The particular duties which will be required of us.
II. SOME THINGS ARE CERTAIN IN THE FUTURE.
1. The obligation of service.
2. Special opportunities of service.
3. Adequate directions for services.
III. SOME THINGS ARE NECESSARY FOR THE FUTURE.
1. Diligent preparation of heart.
2. Humble dependence on God.
3. Hopeful anticipation of better things to come.
(B. Dale, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said, Go ye, serve the LORD; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed: let your little ones also go with you.