And Pharaoh called to Moses, and said, Go you, serve the LORD; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed…
1. God's instruments of redemption seek not only liberty of persons, but of means, to serve Him.
2. Due worship and true sacrifice to God are the scope of all God's redeemed (ver. 25).
3. God's ministers must be resolute for all, and not bate a jot of what God requires. Not a hoof.
4. All the exactions of God's instruments must be aimed at God's service truly.
5. God's servants know not themselves, but depend upon His discovery for what they must offer to Him (ver. 26).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said, Go ye, serve the LORD; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed: let your little ones also go with you.