And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables, and said,…
I. THE NATURE OF GOSPEL BLESSINGS.
1. They are of God's own providing.
2. They are rich and valuable as Well as Divine.
3. These blessings are suitable.
4. They are abundant.
II. THE INVITATION GIVEN TO PARTAKE OF THESE BLESSINGS.
1. A feast so rich is designed for numerous guests.
2. The gospel is made known to mankind.
3. This invitation is free and gracious.
4. It is earnest and authoritative.
III. THE RECEPTION WHICH THE INVITATION MEETS WITH, AND THE FOLLY, GUILT, AND DANGER OF REJECTING IT.
1. The Jews to whom it was first sent refused to come.
2. Some make light of the gospel from the love of worldly pleasures.
3. That the generality of those who hear it make light of it is evident from their conduct.
4. The folly to prefer the world to God who is the Supreme Good.
5. The guilt of to-day is in proportion to the freeness and suitableness of the blessings offered.
6. The blessings of the gospel are as necessary to your present as to your future happiness.
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,