And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables, and said,…
I. THE GLORIOUS BANQUET.
1. The giver of it. The great king. He had provided a banquet of beauty and wisdom in creation for the mind of man — of goodness in providence for the physical need of man. These did not supply the whole of man's need. Hence this feast of redeeming love. In giving it He was moved by love, wisdom, grace.
2. The occasion of it.
3. The chief parties in it. The Divine Father. The equally Divine Son, our Saviour. The Bride, the Church — all who, being penitent, truly believe.
4. The hallowed joy that marked it. The Church rejoicing in the love and grace of the heavenly Bridegroom.
5. The sanctified provisions of it — mercy, love, etc., etc.; abundant, suitable, seasonable, etc.
II. THE WIDE INVITATION.
1. Proclaimed by many tongues.
2. Urged on all people.
3. Enforced by many arguments.
4. Accompanied with gifts. A dress for each to wear offered. A new heart, etc.
III. THE PERSONAL INSPECTION.
1. A royal inspection.
2. A general inspection.
3. A discriminating inspection.
(J. C. Gray.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,