And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men built.
1. Men's apostasy and proud attempts are knit together with God's visitation.
2. God is below when men think He hath forsaken the earth, and is near to visit the wickedness of man.
3. God's descent is for vengeance sometimes upon sinners.
4. God doth visit the beauty and strength of wickedness.
5. The apostate sons of Adam may build their fabrics to prevent God's judgments.
6. Jehovah will mark for vengeance the sons of wickedness and weakness in all their buildings against Him (ver. 5).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.