And the LORD said to Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now your eyes…
1. Promise to promise, seed to land, God adds to His covenanted friend Abram, for his good.
2. God's word of promise calleth things that are not, as if they were. that is, puts into being what is not.
3. God's word of promise putting into being is irreversible. He speaketh and doth it.
4. Innumerable issues, as the dust, sand, and stars, can God raise out of dead bodies (Hebrews 11:22).
5. Children are God's gift, when and to whom He pleaseth (Psalm 127).
6. Man's reach of understanding is too shallow to compass the works of God's promise (ver. 16).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Walk through the land. —
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: