Then Jacob rose up, and set his sons and his wives on camels;…
1. Providence directs God's servants to prudence for escaping the hands of wicked men at His call.
2. It is no iniquity, not to declare God's call and way to such as would oppose them (ver. 20).
3. Flight is not unbeseeming saints from under the hands of oppressors when God calleth to
4. Difficult passages God's servants find sometimes in following God's call.
5. No difficulties should discourage where God appears to warrant man's motions.
6. Man's face should be set to that mark which God points him out in his pilgrimage (ver. 21).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Then Jacob rose up, and set his sons and his wives upon camels;