And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be to his brothers.…
1. God hath made known that some in the Church to the last times shall divide from it.
2. All divisions from the Church are not irreconcileable.
3. God Almighty alone is the cause of making up the breaches of such as divide from His Church.
4. Prophecy of good to any, as it is by promise, so it is brought about by prayer.
5. Blessing of posterity in abundance may be to such as divide from the Church.
6. Heart enlargement toward the ways of God in His promise and work.
7. Souls divided are only persuadable by God to have communion with His Church.
8. God's persuasion upon souls is effectual to bring them to the Church's tents.
9. The Gentiles' succession of, and communion with the Jewish Church, is foretold of God.
10. A tent habitation hath God allotted to His Church below.
11. The world's palaces will be changed for the Church's tents when God works.
12. Subjection of all enemies is surely prophesied to them who join with the Church of God.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.