And Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel:…
1. Declaring of God's will is suitably united to the assembling of His people.
2. God's spokesmen made by Him are fittest to declare his mind to His people.
3. The words of Jehovah only, which He hath spoken to His servants, must be given to His assembly.
4. God may give His mind more immediately to one servant than to another (to Moses).
5. God's stupendous works must be done, as well as His words spoken, to His people.
6. God's congregation are the first subject to whom His words and works are sent.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel: