And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him…
1. Conquerors usually want not observance and congratulations from the world.
2. The powers of the earth are sometimes forced to acknowledge the prowess of God's saints.
3. Humanity persuades men to the acknowledgment of God to any, whom God makes helpful to them.
4. The killing of the slayer, and breaking the yoke of the oppressor is cause of congratulation to the oppressed.
5. Nature will not be slow to meet and congratulate its deliverers.
6. Deliverance may make men go far to acknowledge God's servants, who before would scarce vouchsafe to go out of doors for them.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.