And Lot said to them, Oh, not so, my LORD:…
1. Gracious souls in their weaknesses will acknowledge the freeness and greatness of God's mercy to them.
2. Infirmity yet turns such confession aside, to a wrong use, even to desire things against God's will.
3. Saving souls alive in the midst of destructions is a free and great mercy.
4. Weakness of faith and strength of sense may make God's Word seem impossible unto His servants.
5. Infirmity of faith creates many fears of evil even against God's promise.
6. Saints through infirmity apprehend death where God clearly promiseth and giveth life.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Lot said unto them, Oh, not so, my Lord: