That you will do us no hurt, as we have not touched you, and as we have done to you nothing but good, and have sent you away in peace…
1. God maketh evident to the wicked sometimes His presence with His saints, that they confess it.
2. The sight of God's presence with His people maketh enemies to seek to them.
3. Oaths and covenants are sacred bonds even in the account of natural men without the Church (ver. 28).
4. God makes aliens sometimes desire confederacy with His Church.
5. Enemies sometimes fear evil and desire good from the Church of God whom they have wronged.
6. Saints are the blessed of Jehovah in the confession of the wicked; therefore they seek after them (ver. 29).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: That thou wilt do us no hurt, as we have not touched thee, and as we have done unto thee nothing but good, and have sent thee away in peace: thou art now the blessed of the LORD.