And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing with which his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart…
1. Esau's wicked hypocrites hate always bitterly those whom God loves dearly.
2. God's blessing on His own is the cause why the wicked do so much hate and curse them.
3. The hearts of the wicked are meditating mischief, and their tongues belching it out against the righteous.
4. Pretended mourning for the dead is the hypocrite's cloak for the death of the living.
5. Mischievous hypocrites in the Church, stick not to hasten the death of parents when they hinder from their ends.
6. Resolutions of the wicked are for the slaughter of the righteous and blessed, were it in their hands.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.