And he heard the words of Laban's sons, saying, Jacob has taken away all that was our father's…
1. Providence orders the best seasons of comforting His servants against their fears.
2. Saints must take their comforts in the way wherein God will impart them. In dreams, if God will.
3. The saints have real proof of God's care of them, and goodness in suiting to them their consolations (ver. 10).
4. God alone is the comforter of His people.
5. God calls by name to poor souls, in application of comfort, to prepare them thereunto.
6. God's servants answer at His call to receive His consolations (ver. 11).
7. God showeth His afflicted ones the way of His consolations for their support.
8. God's observation of the oppressions of men cannot but stir Him up to work His saints' relief (ver. 12).
(G. Hughes, B. D. .)
Parallel VersesKJV: And he heard the words of Laban's sons, saying, Jacob hath taken away all that was our father's; and of that which was our father's hath he gotten all this glory.