And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
I. THE GRACIOUS ENTRY.
II. A COMMENDABLE CURIOSITY.
1. This curiosity unusual.
(1) A rich man anxious to see Jesus.
(2) A rich man overcoming hindrance that he might gratify such curiosity.
(3) Are there any here anxious to see Jesus?
(4) Are you willing to seek Him now?
III. A WONDERFUL SURPRISE.
1. In the unexpected detection.
2. In the unexpected summons by name.
3. In the unexpected declaration of Jesus.
IV. AN UNUSUAL RESPONSE.
1. In its alacrity.
2. In its obedience.
3. In its sincerity.
(1) What an example to follow!
(2) What blessedness such obedience ever brings!
V. AN UNCALLED-FOR COMPLAINT.
1. In its spirit.
2. In its argument.
VI. A GENUINE PENITENT.
1. Shown in his implied confession.
2. In his sincere reformation.
3. In the fact of his salvation.
VII. THE MISSION AND PURPOSE OF CHRIST. Practical questions:
1. Have you ever desired to see Jesus?
2. Have you ever truly sought to find Jesus?
3. Have you ever believed on Jesus?
4. If not, will you now?
(D. C. Hughes, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.