Then Jesus went there, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.…
In judging our Lord's treatment of this woman —
1. Observe that Christ, while He was upon earth, said nothing and did nothing of Himself.
2. Our Lord, who knew the hearts of men, both saw and esteemed the good disposition of this petitioner, but for a time concealed His kind intentions, being willing to exercise her faith and submission, her patience and perseverance.The woman's faith was great —
1. With relation to her religion, and to her country.
2. In comparison with the unbelieving Jews.
3. Considered in itself.
4. Because it stood so severe a trial.
Parallel VersesKJV: Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.