Then Jesus went there, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.…
1. In His cause and truth.
2. Believers cannot hide a good or bad condition in the soul.
3. The joy of Christ's presence cannot be hid.
4. Grace in a sincere professor, and Christ, cannot be hid.
(S. Rutherford.)Hearing of Him. What had she heard?
I. That Jesus was the Son of God, the Messiah of Israel. and could and was willing to heal
1. Hearing of Christ drew her to Him.
2. It is good to border with Christ, and to be near hand to Him.
II. None can come to Christ except they hear a good report of Him.
III. Many open their ears to Christ, but they hear not; they want a spiritual faculty of observing.
IV. Many put Christ in an ear without a bottom, as leaking and running out vessels.
Parallel VersesKJV: Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.