1 Corinthians 15:42-45
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:…
I. ITS ESSENTIAL CHARACTER.
1. It is not the work of an age, but of a moment — not a gradual process, but an instantaneous act.
2. It is to be distinguished in its nature from —
(1) An awakening out of a soul sleep.
(2) A clothing of the unclothed spirit.
(3) A restoration of our flesh and bone in like form as before.
3. It is a work of perfect beauty.
II. ITS CERTAINTY. A threefold voice testifies to it.
1. The voice of nature, which shadows it forth.
2. The testimony of the Scripture, which confirms it.
3. The testimony of the spirit within, which awakens the expectation of it.
III. ITS GLORY.
1. The enemy which at this hour shall be annihilated.
2. The condition of happiness which begins now.
3. The kingdom of God which will now be completed.
(Prof. Van Oosterzee.)
Parallel VersesKJV: So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: