All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together to you, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister to you…
I. THE PLACE. For what reasons, or with what propriety, may the Christian Church be called the house of the glory of God? Chiefly on these accounts —
1. Because it is planned and built by the purpose and power of the Most High.
2. Because it contains the special manifestations of the Divine presence and glory.
(1) Christ Himself is the exact image of God. He is the true Shechinah, the glory of the Lord.
(2) In the gifts and influences of the Holy Ghost.
(3) By the development of the Divine glory in the preaching of the Word.
II. THE PROMISE. "I will glorify, ' etc. God did so in the first temple, by making it an object of beauty and glory to all His people, and by causing it to excite the admiration of surrounding nations also; and still further, by sending Christ finally to minister in that temple. God will glorify the house of His glory —
1. By accepting the services and offerings which, in connection with it, are performed.
2. By making it the place of special communion and fellowship with Himself.
3. By protecting it permanently against all the efforts of hostile powers.
4. By extending its influence, and increasing its celebrity in the earth.
5. By consummating it, finally, in the splendour and happiness of heaven.
Parallel VersesKJV: All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.