And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon…
1. No new or strange doctrine to be brought into the Church.
2. God's election free, and of grace, not of any worthiness in man.
3. That God is no accepter of persons.
4. God is to be glorified even in His judgments.
5. Of a double power of the Word, to life or death.
6. The bodies of the dead to be reverently used, and after a seemly manner to be buried.
7. That it is lawful upon just occasion to be angry.
(A. Willet, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.