And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon…
1. In prosperity we must think of adversity.
2. Not to present ourselves before God with carnal, vile, and strange affections.
3. Wherein a man sinneth, he shall be punished.
4. To submit ourselves to the will of God.
5. That men should not for the occasion of private grief neglect the public business, especially in God's service.
6. Against the sin of drunkenness, especially in ministers.
7. That our sins are an offence unto Christ, and to all the celestial company.
8. Not to be too rigorous toward those who are in heaviness, and sin in weakness.
(A. Willet, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.