In the LORD all descendants of Israel will find justification and glory.
Philippians 2:10.) It should be noticed that "kneeling" and "swearing to" are acts of homage and fealty; and they are so used in this passage. Still we "swear" allegiance to a sovereign. "If the heart be brought into obedience to Christ, and made willing in the day of his power, the knee will bow to him in humble adoration and addresses, and in cheerful obedience to his commands, submission to his disposals, and compliance with his will in both; and the tongue will swear to him, will lay a bond upon the soul to engage it for ever to him." The point suggested for illustration is this - How can the faith of Israel claim to be the universal religion for mankind? The answer is that, beneath its forms and ceremonials, which were but illustrations of its truths, it holds all the absolute essentials of religion, and these can gain varied expression, to suit the genius of all races, in all climes and periods. These essentials are -
I. THE TRUTH THAT THERE IS ONE GOD, AND HE IS A SPIRITUAL BEING.
II. THE FACT THAT THIS ONE GOD HAS REVEALED HIS WILL.
III. THE DEMAND THAT THIS ONE GOD SHOULD BE HONOURED BY MAN'S FAITH AND SERVED BY MAN'S RIGHTEOUSNESS. - R.T.
In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified.Romans 14:11, and applied to Christ.
I. Let us then attend to the assertion that "IN THE LORD SHALL THE SEED OF ISRAEL BE JUSTIFIED."
1. They are justified as it is through Him they obtain the forgiveness of their sins, and the acceptance of their persons in the sight of God.
2. As it is through Him they acquire a right to all the privileges of the children of God in a present and future state.
II. HOW WE OUGHT TO GLORY IN HIM BY WHOM WE ARE THUS JUSTIFIED.
1. By entertaining suitable affections towards our Divine Redeemer.
2. Those who glory in Christ must avow their regard to Him before the world, and particularly by a frequent and devout attendance on the ordinances of the Gospel.
3. We must glorify Him by an active and steady zeal to promote the interests of His kingdom.
4. The seed of Israel are to glorify Christ by their patience and constancy under all their afflictions, especially those that are endured for His sake.
(A. Hunter, D. D.).
LinksIsaiah 45:25 NIV
Isaiah 45:25 NLT
Isaiah 45:25 ESV
Isaiah 45:25 NASB
Isaiah 45:25 KJV
Isaiah 45:25 Bible Apps
Isaiah 45:25 Parallel
Isaiah 45:25 Biblia Paralela
Isaiah 45:25 Chinese Bible
Isaiah 45:25 French Bible
Isaiah 45:25 German Bible
Isaiah 45:25 Commentaries