Helps for the Pulpit
As one whom his mother comforts, so will I comfort you; and you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
God will comfort His people —
1. With all the affection and solicitude of a mother. See the mother how she loves, strives, labours, suffers, and sacrifices for her child.
2. With all the long-suffering and forbearance of a mother.
3. With all the forgiveness and consolation of a mother. How ready to forgive her erring, wandering child — and ready to console in trouble.
4. With all the instruction and correction of a mother. God teaches in various ways, and whom He loveth He chasteneth.
5. With all the constancy of a moter.
(Helps for the Pulpit.)
Parallel VersesKJV: As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.