And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach to heaven; and let us make us a name…
I. HUMAN LABOUR ALWAYS DEVELOPS THE NATURE OF MAN.
1. The constructive element.
2. The ambitious element.
3. The social element.
4. The cooperative element.
II. HUMAN LABOUR GENERALLY ILLUSTRATES THE PATIENCE OF HEAVEN.
1. Their enterprise from the beginning was rebellion against heaven.
2. They were allowed to go on almost to its final accomplishment.
III. HUMAN LABOUR MUST ULTIMATELY MEET WITH THE JUST TREATMENT OF GOD.
1. He discloses its purpose.
2. He arrests its progress.
3. He frustrates its design.
Parallel VersesKJV: And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.