After three years, however, two of Shimei's slaves ran away to Achish son of Maacah, king of Gath. And Shimei was told, "Behold, your slaves are in Gath."
Cross ReferencesJoshua 11:22
No Anakim were left in the land of the Israelites; only in Gaza, Gath, and Ashdod did any survive.
1 Samuel 27:2
So David set out with his six hundred men and went to Achish son of Maoch, the king of Gath.
1 Kings 2:38
"The sentence is fair," Shimei replied. "Your servant will do as my lord the king has spoken." And Shimei lived in Jerusalem for a long time.
1 Kings 2:40
So Shimei saddled his donkey and set out to Achish at Gath in search of his slaves, and he brought them back from Gath.
Chapter Outline1. David, having given a charge to Solomon
3. of Reverence
5. of Joab
7. of Barzillai
8. of Shimei
10. Solomon succeeds
12. Adonijah, moving Bathsheba to ask unto Solomon for Abishag,
13. is put to death
26. Abiathar, having his life given him, is deprived of the priesthood
28. Joab fleeing to the horns of the altar, is there slain
35. Benaiah is put in Joab's room, and Zadfok in Abiathar's
36. Shimei, confined to Jerusalem, by occasion of going to Gath, is put to death.
Jump to PreviousAchish End Gath Maacah Maachah Ran Servants Shimei Three
Jump to NextAchish End Gath Maacah Maachah Ran Servants Shimei Three
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
1 Samuel 21:10
1 Samuel 27:2, 3
Links1 Kings 2:39 NIV
1 Kings 2:39 NLT
1 Kings 2:39 ESV
1 Kings 2:39 NASB
1 Kings 2:39 KJV
1 Kings 2:39 Bible Apps
1 Kings 2:39 Parallel
1 Kings 2:39 Biblia Paralela
1 Kings 2:39 Chinese Bible
1 Kings 2:39 French Bible
1 Kings 2:39 German Bible
1 Kings 2:39 Commentaries