Hurry! Run there quickly, for I cannot do anything until you reach it." That is why the town was called Zoar.
Cross ReferencesGenesis 13:10
Lot looked out and saw that the whole plain of the Jordan, all the way to Zoar, was well watered like the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt. (This was before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.)
went to war against Bera king of Sodom, Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, Shemeber king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela (that is, Zoar).
"Very well," he answered, "I will grant this request as well, and will not demolish the town you indicate.
When the sun had risen over the land, Lot had reached Zoar.
Chapter Outline1. Lot entertains two angels.
4. The vicious Sodomites are smitten with blindness.
12. Lot is warned, and in vain warns his sons-in-law.
15. He is directed to flee to the mountains, but obtains leave to go into Zoar.
24. Sodom and Gomorrah are destroyed.
26. Lot's wife looks back and becomes a pillar of salt.
29. Lot dwells in a cave.
31. The incestuous origin of Moab and Ammon.
Jump to PreviousAble Arrive City Escape Flee Haste Hasten Hurry Quickly Reach Reason Thither Zoar Zo'ar
Jump to NextAble Arrive City Escape Flee Haste Hasten Hurry Quickly Reach Reason Thither Zoar Zo'ar
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
2 Timothy 2:13
LinksGenesis 19:22 NIV
Genesis 19:22 NLT
Genesis 19:22 ESV
Genesis 19:22 NASB
Genesis 19:22 KJV
Genesis 19:22 Bible Apps
Genesis 19:22 Parallel
Genesis 19:22 Biblia Paralela
Genesis 19:22 Chinese Bible
Genesis 19:22 French Bible
Genesis 19:22 German Bible
Genesis 19:22 Commentaries